“In The Detail: Small Works”
Exhibit Dates: December 5 – December 28, 2013
Artists’ Reception and Awards: Thursday, December 5, 5 pm – 7pm
“In The Detail: Small Works” is open to all artists. All media are welcome. The size for small works shall not exceed 12 inches in any direction, not including frames.
Juror: Jim Webb
Cash prizes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place: $100; $75; $50
Entry fee: $25 for members, $35 for non-members, for the first four pieces. Additional images may be submitted for $5 each. There is no limit to the number of submitted images. Entries by Picture CD or email only!
Submissions before November 4 will be considered to be featured on the show post card!
Schedule at a glance:
November 18 Deadline for Entries
November 22 Notifications
December 3 Bring In Date
December 5 Opening Reception & Awards
December 28 End of show, Pick up date
- 2D and 3D art work not larger than 12 inches in any direction; not including frames.
- Work must have been created within the last two years and not previously shown at SCIART Gallery
- All artwork must be delivered ready to be displayed
- Art must be for sale. Gallery commission is 40% of sales price.
- Artwork must be submitted for jurying electronically by November 18, 2012. High resolution image/s. Send a labeled Picture CD to SCIART Gallery or email your images as individual attachments to email@example.com. Images to be named: LastName.Title.Medium.Size. (e.g.“Geiger.No.8.oil.24×24.jpg)
- Submit description of your work in the body of the email or in a letter:
Size, unframed (h” x w”)
- Artwork to be accompanied with an artist’s statement and resume.
- Payment can be submitted by mailing a check to SCIART or using PayPal donation button on our website www.studiochannelislands.org
- When accepted, you may be asked to gallery sit during the duration of the exhibition.
Notice of Acceptance:
- Artists will be notified by email or phone on November 22.
- CDs will not be returned.
Bring In Date:
- Accepted artwork must be delivered on Tuesday, December 3,
11am to 3pm. Please call if you need to make other arrangements.
- Artist is responsible for all shipping costs.
End of show art pick-up date:
December 28, 2013, 10 to 3 pm.
SCIART has no responsibility for the damage or loss of the artworks during shipping, delivery, exhibit, removing, pick-up and returning. SCIART assigns a juror to choose the pieces of art which will be on display. Art work will be installed by SCIART’s installation team. The installation team determines the lay-out of the exhibition. Artist will supply special instructions if necessary. Artist is responsible for removing the work after the show. SCIART has no storage, and delays for removing the works may result in additional cost for the artist.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
“Fashion Show 2013”
Event Date: November 16, 2013
Come join us for a fun filled event
at our new Gallery on 2222 Ventura Boulevard
“Fashion Show 2013” is open to all artists who create wearable and functional art pieces. Unleash your imagination and show your best recent creation! Beautiful and handsome models on this single-evening event will wear your pieces down the runway and show off your work. Female and male clothing is welcome. The purpose of this event is to show off your work and promote sales for you.
Entry fee: $25 entry fee for Studio Channel Islands Art Center members, and $50 entry fee for non-members. There is no limit to the number of submitted images. Your entry fee covers your ticket to the event, your personal artist display table, and publicity for the event including an unlimited amount of postcards you may pick up and give out to your own mailing list.
Entries by email or Photo CD only! Submissions before October 15th will be considered to be featured on the show post card and advertisements!
Schedule at a glance:
Oct 15 Deadline for Entries
Oct 19 Notification of accepted pieces
Nov 09 Drop off Date
Nov 16 Fashion Show, ticketed event, participation optional
Nov 19 Pick-up unsold pieces
- Must be a wearable piece of art (Jewelry, clothing, etc.)
- Can be made out of any material.
- No limit as to how many pieces are brought in.
- All artwork must arrive ready to be worn.
- Gallery does not pay for shipping.
- Cannot enter pieces used in last years show.
- All art must be for sale. Gallery commission is 40% of sales price.
- Artwork must be submitted electronically by Oct 15. Send a labeled Picture CD to Studio Channel Islands Art Center or email your jpg images as individual attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images must be named: LastName.Title.Medium.Size. (e.g.“Geiger.No.8.BowTieSkirt.Size2.jpg). Make sure to send images of good quality and high resolution to ensure that we can see the best possible representation of your art work!
- Submit in the body of the email or in a letter:
- Payment can be submitted by mailing a check to Studio Channel Islands Art Center or by using the “Donate” PayPal button on the upper right corner of this page, and type “Entry Fee” in the purpose line.
Studio Channel Islands Art Center has no responsibility for the damage or loss of the artworks during shipping, delivery, exhibit, removing, pick-up and returning. Studio Channel Islands assigns a juror to choose the pieces of art which will be on display.. Artist will supply special instructions if necessary. Artist is responsible for removing the work after the show. We have very limited storage, and delays for removing the works may result in additional cost for the artist.
Studio Channel Islands Gallery and Office Hours:
Tuesday 11am – 3pm
Wednesday – Friday 11am – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 3pm
Contact: Karin Geiger, Executive Director, Katherine Cooksey Executive Assistant
Gallery Location and mailing address:
2222 Ventura Boulevard, Camarillo, CA 93010