OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES
Exhibit Dates: August 1 – 31, 2013
Grand Opening Gala Event: Friday, August 2, 6 pm – 10 pm
at our new Gallery on 2222 Ventura Boulevard
Artists’ Reception and Awards: Saturday, August 3, 4 pm – 6 pm
“Unlimited” is open to all artists, any medium, any size – as long as it fits through the door. Unleash your imagination and show your best recent creation!
Juror: Gary Lang
Gary Lang has a MFA from Yale University and received his BFA from California Institute of the Arts. He also studied at Chouinard Art Institute. He’s won numerous awards and grants including the Fulbright/Hayes Travel Grant, National Endowment for the Arts, Whitney Museum of American Art Studio grant and more.
In addition to teaching at Claremont, Gary has taught at Columbia, Yale University, UCLA, School of Visual Arts in NYC among others. As an educator, he wanted the students to “feel the power within themselves” to create. He is a contemporary painter with a respect for all art forms. Says Lang, “It’s not the subject…it’s how the artist interacts with the surface…it’s more than talent…it’s the artist being present in the moment.”
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place: $200; $100; $50
New Special Award: Annual TOLD Award $500
A representative of TOLD Corporation in Camarillo will select the winning piece for the TOLD Award which will be announced at the Grand Opening on August 2. The winner will receive the cash prize and two complementary tickets to our Grand Opening Gala.
The Annual TOLD Award will be presented every year at the Annual Membership Exhibition.
Entry fee: $40 for members, $50 for non-members, for the first three pieces. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. There is no limit to the number of submitted images. Entries by email or Photo CD only! Submissions before June 25 will be considered to be featured on the show post card!
Schedule at a glance:
July 12 Deadline for Entries
July 19 Notifications
July 30 Bring In Date
August 2 Grand Opening Gala, ticketed event, participation optional
August 3 Public Opening Reception & Awards Presentation
August 31 End of show, Pick up date
- No size restrictions as long as it fits through the door
- Work must not have been previously shown at Studio Channel Islands Gallery
- All artwork must be delivered ready to be displayed
- Art must be for sale. Gallery commission is 40% of sales price.
- Artwork must be submitted for jurying electronically by July 12. Send a labeled Picture CD to Studio Channel Islands Art Center or email your jpg images as individual attachments to email@example.com. Images must be named: LastName.Title.Medium.Size. (e.g.“Geiger.No.8.oil.24×24.jpg). Make sure to send images of good quality and high resolution to ensure that the juror will see the best possible representation of your art work!
- Submit description of your work in the body of the email or in a letter:
Size, unframed (h” x w”)
- Artwork to be accompanied with an artist’s statement and resume.
- Payment can be submitted by mailing a check to Studio Channel Islands Art Center or by using the “Donate” PayPal button on the upper right corner of this page, and type “Entry Fee” in the purpose line.
Notice of Acceptance:
- Artists will be notified by email or phone on July 19.
- CDs will not be returned.
Bring In Date:
- Accepted artwork must be delivered on Tuesday, July 30,
11am to 3pm. Please call if you need to make other arrangements.
- Artist is responsible for all shipping costs.
End of show art pick-up date:
August 31, 10 to 3 pm.
Studio Channel Islands Art Center has no responsibility for the damage or loss of the artworks during shipping, delivery, exhibit, removing, pick-up and returning. Studio Channel Islands assigns a juror to choose the pieces of art which will be on display. Art work will be installed by our installation team. The installation team determines the lay-out of the exhibition. Artist will supply special instructions if necessary. Artist is responsible for removing the work after the show. We have very limited storage, and delays for removing the works may result in additional cost for the artist.
Studio Channel Islands Gallery and Office Hours:
Tuesday 11am – 3pm
Wednesday – Friday 11am – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 3pm
Contact: Karin Geiger, Executive Director
Gallery Location and mailing address starting July 1:
2222 Ventura Boulevard, Camarillo, CA 93010
Mailing address before July 1:
2221 Ventura Boulevard, Camarillo, CA 93010