Basic Art Class for Children, ages 5 – 8
- Tuesdays 3:30 – 5pm, E1
- $80 for 8 lessons
- Focusing on basic art elements and art techniques, this on-going class is designed to foster creativity and teach children to express themselves artistically. Katherine Cooksey and Megan Udell are co-teaching this class. Join anytime!
- Katherine Cooksey and Megan Udell, 805.383,1368
Fiber Arts for children, ages 6 -13
- Fridays, 3:15 – 4:45 pm, E1
- $110 for 8 classes includes all materials and all finished projects, minus framing when needed.
- To register, please call the office at 805.383.1368
The class will have ongoing projects from weaving and tapestry techniques. Possible projects include:
- small bags for anything including purses, and cell phones
- fabric collage wall hangings
- printing on fabric for possible pillows
- scarves both painted with dyes, and marbling on fabric
- printing with wax resists and other printing methods
- stamping and hand painting on both silk and cotton
- printing from plants
Instructor Lynda Brothers has been teaching art and fiber arts to adults for over 45 years and to children for over 25 years. She has owned galleries in both Aspen Colorado and outside Taos, and has taught weaving and fiber arts for over seven years in Capetown, South Africa. She has been commissioned for work in South Africa, England, and the USA for over 40 years. She has also taught art to elementary children through high school through both LAUSD and through her own summer camps of art and theater in the North Hollywood area.
Art To Hearts
Intergenerational Program for children ages 7 to 12 and seniors ages 65+. Click here for details.
Beginning February 25
Ending May 15
Performance May 17, 3 pm
The theater group meet from 3:30 to 5:30 pm every Tues and Thurs in room E2.
Cost $340 per child
IN THIS PROGRAM STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
-Acting and Reacting
-Strong listening skills
-Self-control and self-confidence
-Thematic art design
-Dramatic structure of a production
-Painting, both realistic and atmospheric
-Promotion and marketing
Through these practices, at the end of the session, there will be a play at the Blackboard Gallery featuring the students… With sets that the students have created! This is a completely original program for students who have ANY interest in every aspect of theater – from performance and visual to technical and management!
Theatre Arts – David Wright
Set – Lynda Brothers
EMAIL Info@StudioChannelIslands.org to sign up!