Learn basic hand- building techniques as you work through projects. This course introduces pinching, coiling, and slab making with instruction in glazing. Due to firing schedule, we will offer six – 2 hour sessions within an 8 week period. Class calendar: class 1 – June 20, class 2 – June 27, no class July 4th, class 3 – July 11, class 4 – July 18, class 5- July 25, no class August 1st, class 6 – August 8th.
Thursday’s session- 10:30-12:30 or 1:30-3:30. All levels welcome!
Class fees are $170 and a $50 lab fee. Lab fee includes clay, use of all tools and glaze materials. $100 deposit required to hold your space in class. You are not considered enrolled till deposit is received!
Instructors: Judy Winard – 805 427-0340 & Mary McGill – 818 402-4811. email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org
SOAR – An artful mini-retreat for women
Starting Thursday, June 13, 2013 every Thursday evening except holidays
Facilitators: Sigrid Orlet and Daggi Wallace
- A buffet of art materials and time for personal creative exploration and expression
- Guided relaxation through breathing
- Life stories, poetry, wisdom teachings
- Time for reflection and sharing (optional)
- Celebration with appetizers and desserts
Thursdays 6:30pm – 9pm in Studio O
$ 40 per event or $150 for 4.
All materials and snacks provided or you may bring your own.
Please, pre-register (Walk-ins are welcome on a limited basis at $50 per class).
Additional information and pre-registration at
or Daggi Wallace 972.741.3018
Silk Screen Printmaking
by Bruce Freeman
Starting Thursday, May 23rd, at 6:30pm
The class must be limited to the first 7 registered participants!
Instructional Fees are $250 for the full 7 week class. Fees include:
- A hands-on Introduction to the three key stencil techniques
- Individualized Personal Instruction
- Screen printing frames are provided for use in the class
- Access to exposing equipment, drying racks and washout booth
- Supplies for basic stencil development are included
- Adequate ink supplies for creating a limited edition print will be available
Although Participant Fees generously cover necessary supplies, the participant will need to bring to each class:
- Printing paper for their edition
- Basic art supplies for creating stencils – Xacto knife, masking tape, duct tape, pencils and rulers
- Water-based inks are used in this class. You will need clean up supplies including paper towels, 409 or a similar cleaner, newsprint/newspaper
- Any custom project materials
To sign up, email Bruce at email@example.com.
No prior experience in screen printing is necessary. Come to class with ideas, ready to print!!
As many friends of SCIART know, our former president, Rich Brimer, has moved to Carmel, California. Along with being an invaluable member of the organization and a talented and active AIR, Rich coordinated the Figure Drawing Workshop that has been held for over two years at the Studios. To continue this popular group, before he left, Rich turned over the reins to Gretel Meys Compton, an eight year Artist-in-Residence who formerly ran a similar group at the Studio Channel Islands on the CSUCI campus.
The Figure Workshop is held on Tuesday nights, from 6-9pm, in Classroom E at the Studios, 2222 Ventura Boulevard, Camarillo. The evening consists of a live model or models made available to work from, with lights, music, and libations to enrich the experience. There are occasionally long pose nights, theme nights, and creative activities. Any medium is welcome as long as it does not impact the working environment of any of the other participants (ie., fumes, noise). The cost is $20 per individual night or $75 for a five-session punch card. More information is available at www.meetup.com/Camarillo-Artists.
- Nude figure-drawing and painting workshop. Usually gesture warm-up poses for the first 25 minutes, then 25-minute long poses for remainder of night.
- We start at precisely 6:01 so get there beforehand to set-up and do a meet-n-greet and get a cup of wine.
- Gretel Meys Compton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesdays 6pm – 9pm in Studio E
- On-going A4 $20 if you drop-in. $75 for 5-workshop pass
- Learn basic watercolor. Design, color, and fun are the focus. You will get a solid foundation so that you can paint right away!
- Mary-Gail King | 805.217.9539 | email@example.com
- Tuesdays 9am –noon – On-going
- (or) Wednesdays 6:30 – 9pm – On-going
- On-going A4 $100 for 4 lessons, $30 for drop ins
Watercolor on Yupo
- Yupo is an innovative paper that is made of plastic. It allows very spontaneous and creative techniques. The focus is on design and exploring surface texture and color.
- Instructor: Mary-Gail King | 805.217.9539 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursdays 6:30 – 9pm
- On-going in Studio A2
- $100 for 4 lessons | $30 for drop-ins
- Learn to paint with bamboo brushes on rice/silk paper.
- Instructor: Christine Leong | 805.312.2208 | email@example.com
- Thursdays 10:30am — 12:30 pm in Studio D3
- (or) Thursday 4:30pm — 6:30pm in Studio D3
- $120 for 4 classes (in-class materials included).
Charcoal Drawing Class
- with Gary Saderup, for all levels of experience
- Tuesdays, 1 – 4 pm, at the gallery, 2221 Ventura Blvd.
- NEW SESSION STARTING soon
- Small group with one-on-one instruction time for every student.
- Class fee: $60 per 3 hour class, payable in series of 4 classes; on-going.
- Material list will be provided at sign-up. Class fee does not include material.
- Walk-ins are welcome at $75 per class.
- Call 805.383.1368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register – Space is limited!
Studio Techniques in Oil
- General oil painting class for all levels, beginners welcome
- David Gallup|805.657.5385 | email@example.com
- Mondays 4 – 7pm
- On-going B2 $200 for 4 lessons
Master Class in Oil
For professional artists
- David Gallup | 805.657.5385 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesdays 11 am –3pm
- On-going B2 (Class is currently full)
- Live nude model, live instructions
- David Gallup | 805.657.5385 | email@example.com
Tuesdays 4 – 7pm Studio B2
- $100 for 4 lessons | $30 for drop ins | $15 for existing students