Call to Artists!!! Floral AnthologyPosted by admin on Mar 22, 2011 in Artist Call, Exhibit | 0 comments
Submissions are closed, but be sure to put the artist reception on your calendar MAY 7th, from 4-6 PM at the Studio Channel Islands Gallery.
Studio Channel Islands Art Center invites artists to submit traditional as well as unconventional floral works for a juried exhibition “Floral Anthology” at the Studio Channel Islands Gallery.
The exhibition will be juried and judged by Tony Askew, Professor of Art, Westmont College. Tony Askew has worked as an educator and artist for over 35 years. “I continually hope that my work reflects the optimism and zeal that life holds for me. Ideally I like my work to combine three things: a child-like quality, positive and uninhibited; Eastern awareness of tradition and ceremony as necessary to the act of creating; and the sense of a work shifting away from the subject (and from realism) toward process (activity) doing, seeing, and inventing.”
Three cash awards will be given. In addition, Tony Askew will award Honorable Mentions.
Images can be submitted electronically via email or mailed to the Gallery as a Photo CD. The submission deadline is April 15th, 2011.
Click here to learn more
Exhibit Dates: May 7 – 28, 2011
Artists’ Reception and Awards: Saturday, May 7th, 4pm – 6pm
“FLORAL ANTHOLOGY” is open to all media. Work must have been created within the last 2 years.
Juror: Anthony Askew www.westmont.edu/_academics/departments/art/r-anthony-askew.html
Cash prizes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place: $100; $75; $50
Entry fee: $30.00 for members, $35 for non-members, for up to three pieces. Entries by Picture CD or email only!
Schedule at a glance:
- April 15 Deadline for Entries
- April 25 Notifications
- May 2 Bring In Date
- May 5 Docent Training
- May 7 Opening Reception & Awards
- May 28 End of show, Pick up date
- 2D: no greater than 36” wide, 8’ ceiling
- 3D: not to exceed 100 lb, 36” square ~ Some pedestals are available.
- All artwork must be delivered ready to be displayed, paintings must be properly framed and wired (no saw tooth hangers or unwired paintings will be accepted).
- Art must be for sale. Gallery commission is 40% of sales price.
- Artwork must be submitted for jurying electronically by April 15th, 2011. High resolution image/s (jpg, 300dpi @ 6 x 8 max,). Two images per work may be submitted. Send a labeled Picture CD to Studio Channel Islands Gallery or email your images to email@example.com . Images to be named: Name.Title.Medium.Size. (e.g. “Geiger.HighGround.oil.12×8”)
- Submit description of your work in the email or letter: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Size, Price, Year of Completion
- Artwork to be accompanied with an artist’s statement and resume.
- Payment can be submitted by mailing a check to Studio Channel Islands or using PayPal below
- Artists will be notified by email or phone on April 25th.
- CDs will not be returned.
Bring In Date:
- Accepted artwork must be delivered on Monday May 2, 10am to 2pm. Please call if you need to make other arrangements.
- Artist is responsible for all shipping costs.
Meet the Artists/ Docent Training:
Artists are encouraged to attend the docent training on May 5, 4pm to 5pm.
End of show art pick-up date:
May 28, 2011, 10 am to 3 pm.
Studio Channel Islands has no responsibility for the damage or loss of the artworks during shipping, delivery, exhibit, removing, pick-up and returning. Studio Channel Islands assigns a juror to choose the pieces of art which will be on display. Art work will be installed by Studio Channel Islands’ installation team. The installation team determines the lay-out of the exhibition. Artist will supply special instructions if necessary. Artist is responsible for removing the work after the show. Studio Channel Islands has no storage, and delays for removing the works may result in additional cost for the artist.
Studio Channel Islands Gallery and Office Hours:
Tuesday 11am – 3pm
Wednesday – Friday 11am – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 3pm
Contact: Karin Geiger, Executive Director